Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Public service announcement (PSA) is a message in the public interest.Its purpose is to raise awareness or change the public attitude and behavior towards a social issue.
Assignment: Your job is to create a PSA that raises awareness about racism in our society.
Audience: Maycomb County members
Things you need to consider:
- Keep in mind intended audience
- Tone and persuasive tactics
- Use of positive or negative reinforcement to spark behavioral change
- The PSA is an inclusive message.
- 30 seconds minimum/ 45 seconds maximum
Break down of process:
- You will pick the group (no more than three members). You can always work individually. However, if you choose to work with someone, you will all be responsible for the work. If a member does not participate, please let me know with enough time to correct the behavior, NOT AFTER the due date.
- You will create a story board that plans out your video.
- Schedule a meeting with me before or after school, so we can discuss your project. (Mondays and Fridays from 8-8:30).
- Due Date: October 28 at 5p.m.
- You will present your PSA to the class on Tuesday, October 29 and Wednesday, October 30.
No Kid Hungry
Tips on How to Make a PSA