Click on the following category to help you choose a subcategory.
Animal Sciences (ANIM)
Behavioral and Social Sciences (BEHA)
Biomedical and Health Sciences (BMED)
Biomedical Engineering (ENBM)
Cellular and Molecular Biology (CELL)
Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (CBIO)
Earth and Environmental Sciences (EAEV)
Embedded Systems (EBED)
Energy: Chemical (EGCH)
Energy: Physical (EGPH)
Engineering Mechanics (ENMC)
Environmental Engineering (ENEV)
Materials Science (MATS)
Physics and Astronomy (PHYS)
Plant Sciences (PLNT)
Robotics and Intelligent Machines (ROBO)
Systems Software (SOFT)
Translational Medical Science (TMED)
A Research Plan/Project Summary should include the following:
1. RATIONALE: Include a brief synopsis of the background that supports your research problem and explain why this research is
important and if applicable, explain any societal impact of your research.
2. RESEARCH QUESTION(S), HYPOTHESIS(ES), ENGINEERING GOAL(S), EXPECTED OUTCOMES: How is this based on the rationale
3. DESCRIBE IN DETAIL:
• Procedures: Detail all procedures and experimental design including methods for data collection. Describe only your project.
• Risk and Safety: Identify any potential risks and safety precautions needed.
• Data Analysis: Describe the procedures you will use to analyze the data/results.
4. BIBLIOGRAPHY/REFERENCES: List major references (e.g. science journal articles, books, internet sites) from your literature review. If you plan to
use vertebrate animals, one of these references must be an animal care reference.