6(C) explain the societal impacts of scientific contributions
Ch. 13 Chicago Pile p. 70-74
- How much energy was produced by Fermi's experiment?
Ch. 14. Operation Gunnerside p. 75-80
- Why did the group parachuting into the Hardanger Plateau have so much trouble finding Poulsson's group?
Ch. 15 High Concentration p. 81-87
- Why did the teams dress as British soldiers?
Ch. 16 The Gatekeeper p. 90-96
- What changes in their community made the people of Santa Fe curious about what was going on at Lost Alamos?
Ch. 17 The Gadget p. 97-102
- What two problems confronted the scientist designing the Gadget?
- What three things did General Groves request that Oppenheimer NOT do?